Get your party started with these fun ideas, tips and themes … most using our Wind & Willow line of gourmet food products.
Bacon & Cheddar Smashed Potatoes
- 2 ½ lbs. Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes
- 1 T. Kosher salt
- 4 T. butter
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- Wind & Willow Bacon & Cheddar Cheeseball Mix
Clean and halve potatoes. Cover with water in large pot. Add salt. Boil, then reduce to simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain. Add butter. Combine buttermilk and cheeseball mix. Smash potatoes, leaving chunks of potato intact. Add bacon-cheese mixture. Work into potatoes. Serve hot.
Wind & Willow Carmel Apple Cheeseball Mix
Made according to directions, with cream cheese and butter
- 2 Granny Smith or Johnny Gold apples, cored and sliced
- 4 T. butter
- 4 T. brown sugar
- Ginger Snaps
In medium-sized skillet (preferably cast iron) melt butter over low to medium heat. Add sugar and cook together until lightly bubbling. Add apples and stir together. Saute until apples are tender but not limp.
Presentation: On your most autumn colored plate, place cheeseball mixture and surround with sautéed’ apples. Serve with a small knife. Add a basket of ginger snaps nearby.
New World Cheeseball with Spicy Brownie Bites
Brownies (from favorite mix – I like Ghirardelli)
- Add 2 T. ground ancho chili (NOT chili powder) found at Horrocks Farm Market
in Lansing, MI.
Wind & Willow Carmel Macchiato Cheeseball Mix made with cream cheese and butter.
- Add 2 t. ground ancho chili
- 1 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
- Line a 2 c. bowl with plastic wrap. Press the completed cheeseball into bowl and
Presentation: Shake powdered sugar over brownies. Cut into 1 inch squares. Invert the cheeseball onto a large serving plate. Peel off plastic wrap. Surround with brownies. Add a small knife to spread a little cheese onto the brownies.
Key Lime Ice Cream Cake or Pie
- Graham cracker crust in pie plate or springform pan
- Wind & Willow Key Lime Cheeseball Mix dissolved in ½ pint whipping cream
- Half gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- ¾ c. Raspberry Jalapeno Ambrosia sauce
Combine cheeseball mixture with soften ice cream. Spread Raspberry Ambrosia over bottom of graham cracker crust. Top with ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer to firm. Pull out of freezer about 15 minutes before serving. Cut with a serrated knife dipped in hot water. Wedges can be garnished with lime slices and fresh raspberries.
From Coyote Cafe’ in Santa Fe
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 3 serrano chilis, seeded
- 1 bunch cilantro, stemmed and chopped – reserve some for garnish
- 1 bottle Sting-Ray Bloody Mary Mix
- ¾ cup tequila, chilled
Place first 3 ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Mix with Sting-Ray and tequila. Pour through strainer into a pitcher. Serve over ice with fresh cracked pepper, kosher salt and sprig of cilantro.
Recipes submitted by Janee Penfield.